Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lock Down

    My home is such a beautiful prison. Every door is locked, every cupboard secure, every water faucet  inaccessible. The convict here is a sneaky little devil and requires strict observation which realistically I can't give him. For some reason my autistic jailbird tends to open anything which is not locked for no apparent reason. He will open a cupboard, take out a cereal box, drop it on the floor and go onto the fridge, open the doors and leave. Next the water faucets go on because water comes out of them. Then the drawers are pulled open and the tape measures are taken out, but only the tape measures. Maybe he'll try the laundry room because it is fun to throw folded towels around and pull out wrapping paper. It is super sneaky to go into the jailor's bathroom and eat her candles. My prisoner is a lifer in his pretty prison and doesn't see the need for good behavior. See, if I don't keep a handle on the situation then I am apt to have a lot of cleaning up to do. Therefore I lock everything. Unless I forget which is often.
    As the warden sometimes I find it infuriating to spend the day locking and unlocking things so I just lock myself outside and take a peek at my convict through the window from time to time just to make sure he is secure. He usually is. Really the best thing for Tanner is a TV and a remote control and alone time. Then he forgets his ritualistic cycle of opening stuff and enjoys what is in his own brain box.

No comments:

Post a Comment