Friday, September 5, 2014

Chinny-Chin-Chin

     Last month I took a week long vacation. And in order for me to call it a "vacation" I left my son at home. So while I was in California, Tanner was growing a beard. As I sat at the beach, Tanner sprouted random whiskers and a scrawny fu-manchu mustache. I knew there was something different about his face when I got home. It looked kind of smudgy and shady at the corners of his mouth. I got closer and realized that my little guy had grown sideburns and had a dozen or so long hairs on his chinny-chin-chin.  Since the random hairs will never develop into a respectable beard I must somehow keep Tanner from looking like a dweeb.
     Recently while Tanner was in the tub I sneaked one of Hailey's dull razors and took a swipe at the back of his neck. The boy barely moved as I cut a nice clean swath across his forested upper neck. As I moved to his muttonchops he waited patiently. I guess shaving my autistic kid isn't going to be all that bad....for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment