Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Newest Invention

     You may recall how I have been struggling to keep my skin on my bones. It"s not that I have a cannibal in the house, it's just that I live with a kid who can rake my face like Freddie Krueger in "Nightmare on Elm Street". After the dart gun suggestion failed, me and a buddy came up with a humane solution to help protect me from the cub when he is at his worst.
     What I needed was a barrier between me and my sweet, little savage. After much talk we came up with a brilliant plan. Why not make a shield, a barrier of sorts, that I can put between me and the boy as I try to direct him to his room. It would have to be equipped with handles, it would have to be light in weight, it would have to have an unbreakable surface. As I figured the dimensions my buddy talked about the materials needed to make a portable, uncomplicated barrier which can be easily accessible in times of crisis. I suggested clear plexi-glass, he suggested a a welded metal frame with handles for strength, stablility and maneuverability. The result was a brilliant hand made shield weighing in at 12 lbs. 30inX30in with foam on the edges, taped down by duct tape. It is a thing of beauty!
    And it works! The other day I was able to remain almost unscathed after Tanner flipped out unexpectantly. Not to say that I have things totally under control (there is a huge learning curve regarding this new device). Still, I avoided some face shots but fell victim to a couple of injuries due to inadequate counter measures. I will learn!..... If the shield is ineffective then the next step may be....cannabis?

No comments:

Post a Comment